Full-Time Tool Design Engineer
M.S.M. Group Employment agency is looking for Tool Design Engineer for a position in North York area. Major intersection is Dufferin and Steeles.
Position Title : Tool Design Engineer
Department : Engineering
Shift : Day
Reports to : Engineering Supervisor
- Designs a broad range of Jigs, Fixtures and Dies for production or experimental use. Studies specifications and confers with Engineering, Production and Management to resolve design problems related to design constraints, material requirements, dimensional tolerances, manufacturing procedures, and cost of tools. Applies mathematical formulas and standard tool engineering data to develop tool configuration. Selects material and standard items for incorporation into tool design. Draws preliminary sketches and prepares layouts and bills of material. Using CAD, prepares detail and assembly drawings. Modifies tool design according to trial or production data to improve tool life or performance.
Principal Job Duties
- Provide the Tool Room Supervisor, Tool Maker and Machinists with detail and assembly drawings and an understanding of the design intent of the die, fixture or jig.
- Assist the Tool Maker and Tool Room Machinist when machining the blocks, stops, pins and die sections.
- Attend the trial run of the final Jig, Fixture or Die and evaluate result to prove that the design and finished tool meets the intent as well as all dimensions and tolerances.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision as well as have the ability to work with other members of the team as required.
- Keep accurate records and drawings of all material and labour, component and assemblies included in the design and production of the Jig, Fixture or Die.
Health and Safety Duties
- Keep working areas well organized, clean and free of clutter.
- Report all potential safety hazards to the Supervisor.
- Report all incidents of injuries requiring first aid, health care, lost time or occupational disease.
- Use equipment, materials or machinery as authorized and qualified to use.
- A Certificate of graduation as a Mechanical Engineering Technologist or equivalent with an emphasis on Tool and Die Design.
- A working knowledge of CAD. Preferably AutoCAD, Pro E (CREO Parametric) or Solid Edge.
- Have a sound Metallurgical background with an emphasis on Tool Steels.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working as a Tool Designer/ Tool Maker in a factory fabricating and welding of metal parts and assemblies.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working as a machinist.
- Must have own tools and measuring instruments.
Pay Range : 11.25/hr-16.00/hr depending on experience and shifts. Benefits : 4% Vacation PayBonus : Loyalty, Referral and Sign up in which you can earn up to $100 and more. Apply : Immediate start – Please respond to this post by applying online info@ jobssite.ca or get in touch with us via the information below:
2777 Steeles Ave., West, Unit 100,North York, ON M3J 3K5416 477 3344 Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Please provide a valid ID while applying.
Warehouse Positions :
General / Light Labour
Production line workers
Job Type: Full-time
1456 total views, 2 today