Full-Time Tool Room Machinist
M.S.M. Group Employment agency is looking for Tool Room Machinist for a position in North York area. Major intersection is Dufferin and Steeles.
Position Title : Tool Room Machinist
Department : Tool Room
Shift : Day / Night
Reports to : Supervisor of Tool Room
- To machine component parts for fixtures from engineering drawings, sketches and direction of others.
Principal Job Duties
- Set up and operate machines for precision cutting, turning, milling and grinding as directed.
- Read Engineering drawings and work to the tolerances and interactions with other parts and tolerances as required.
- Use inspection instruments as required to ensure the accuracy of machined parts and assemblies.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision as well as have the ability to work with other members of the team when required.
- To inspect parts and report all deviations in tolerance and/or dimensions to the Supervisor.
- Clean, inspect and lubricate the equipment after each use. Report any defects with the machines and/or equipment to the Tool Room Supervisor.
Health and Safety Duties
- Keep working areas well organized, clean and free of clutter.
- Report all potential safety hazards to the Supervisor.
- Report all incidents of injuries requiring first aid, health care, lost time or occupational disease.
- Use equipment, materials or machinery as authorized and qualified to use.
- Ability to communicate, read drawings and instruction manuals.
- Able to use height gauges, vernier calipers and micrometers etc.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working as a machinist.
- Must have own tools and measuring instruments.
1200 total views, 5 today